Saturday, October 29, 2011

Goggles

After a few days of swimming, it became painfully clear that there was no way I could swim well without a pair of swimming goggles.  I never had goggles when I was younger, I hated them and they never seemed to work very well for me.  Might have something to do with the fact that my parents were cheap-skates when it came to most things.

I popped on Amazon.com and had a look, and swim goggles are much much cheaper today than I remember them ever being.  I found a pair that had good reviews and put them on order.

I got them late yesterday, and donned them for my swim this morning.

It made a huge difference.  I mean massive.  I wish I had ordered them sooner.  I'm not sure I have the best kind for indoor swimming, I really had no idea what I was ordering until I started doing more research on swimming in general, so I just ordered something that didn't look ridiculous, wasn't too expensive, and got good ratings.

I discovered today that I can actually swim a front crawl, kind of.  I have a lot of work to do to make it effective, but I'm at least at a starting point.  I've added one more thing to my ultimate list of fitness goals (I'm gonna post on that in a bit).

No comments:

Post a Comment