Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Moar

Went walking on Monday, it kinda sucked.  The gym was packed with kids, and the track was really busy, including one lady who ran into us at one point.  We barely managed 30 minutes.

Managed to get in to swim this morning.  It was interesting.  It was busy as usual, and in double trouble, I ended up swimming in the last lane, which was doubled up, and next to the wall.  Swimming that close to a wall for me is a pretty bad idea, and I had a good 20 minutes of frustration until my compatriot left, and I had the lane to myself.  At that point I managed to work on my stroke a bit, and managed to get some good laps in, at least for me.  I finally timed myself, and I'm doing about 1:45 for 50 yards.  Pretty slow, but it's a starting point at least.  I can do 50 yards in one go, though at the end of it, with how I'm currently swimming, I'm pretty beat at the end of the 50.  Still, it's double what I'd managed previously at anything like an active pace.

I've started noticing a significant improvement in my lung function.  I'm hardly ever out of breath in normal life, and I'm noticeably stronger.  Stairs, which were previously a horrible nightmare, are barely noticeable, at least ascending.  I can now sit against a wall without pain for a half hour, working on my laptop.

What's more, my blood pressure is now way down from the previous perilously high level, it's actually within normal range now, well within.

No comments:

Post a Comment