Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Trying to stay on the Horse

I got into the gym in some form all three days this week so far.  Went swimming on Monday, hit a new Yoga studio on Tuesday, and swam again this morning.

I got a coupon for the Yoga studio, Stillpoint Yoga in King of Prussia, from my Amazon local email.  It was a really good deal, and for $30, it seemed like a good idea.  I got a chance yesterday to go down there, so I took it.  It was a pretty awful drive as it's in the wrong direction with the rush hour, but it was well worth it.  I think it was the first class I've taken on the East-Coast that was a good balance of physical and spiritual, which for me is very important.  It was hard work, and that's half the point really.  I always feel better after a solid Yoga session.

Swimming is going well enough.  I am starting to get more comfortable in the water, less panic when I pull my head up from having been underneath the water.  I'm still not comfortable enough to breath doing front crawl yet.  I can't seem to hold my breath for toffee, barely managing 30 seconds at the moment.  My legs sit in the water like lead weights right now too.  I got a float on Monday, at I was able to move so much faster.  My kicking action has always been really weak, so somehow I have to improve that and get my legs up so my body is more level in the water.  Trying to at least make sure that my front crawl has the right axial movement around my body center so when I finally have the courage to breath, I can do it right.

I haven't lost an ounce of weight in the last three weeks though, which is a bit discouraging.  I do feel much better though, and that is the big win I'm truly looking for.  I think I'm going to try to step up my regimen though, try and get out for a walk later today if I can, though it's raining pretty good right now so it'll have to be inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment