Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Christmas is now over...

Thank goodness too. Schedule got all kinds of messed up. I managed to get in the gym here and there, but nowhere near enough. I have managed to get in today and Monday. I had my wife take a video of me swimming breaststroke in an effort to help improve my stroke. I thought it had helped, then I was in the pool today, and it felt like I was swimming well, but apparently not. The lady in the lane next to me seemed like she was moving pretty slow, and it turned out I was moving at about the same pace. Slow. I'm so tired of being fat right now, and I'm tired of not being able to find the time to sort it out. I guess an hour in the pool about four days out of seven is just not having any impact at all. Feel like I haven't been eating crazy lately too, but the weight is just sitting on me not going anywhere. Add to that the further insult that my knee just doesn't seem to be getting better. I've considered going back to the doc, but it's almost January, and the last time I went to the doc in January, I went to physical therapy for awhile, then the weather got really bad, and the schedule got messed up and after a few missed appointments due to weather, they were closed etc., and another with the doc, I just didn't continue going. The reality is that my knee is massively better than this time last year, but, it's still weak, and almost seems more creaky not less. I failed to go to Hawk Mountain this year at all, and that makes me pretty sad. Ben of Ben does life went from 270lbs, and in three years had done a couple of Iron Man events. I started at 270lbs, I'm now at 250lbs, and I'm certainly nowhere near an Iron Man. I talk about a triathlon, but at this point, I can't imagine actually being able to complete anything like that. I can't run, and I'm not sure I'm ever going to be able to, I just don't see how that could be possible. After a year of on again off again exercise, and eight weeks of pretty good swimming attendance, I'm still just as fat, and though fitter, still not what I would classify as "fit".

No comments:

Post a Comment