Friday, December 2, 2011

I hate the YMCA

I hate the YMCA. Yes. I do. They have a crap website that only has the pool schedule as a download as an Excel file - yeah that's nice and accessible, and they change it every three or four weeks. I have about a dozen copies of this file on my system now, because most everywhere else just has a web page with it on. I go down there today, and of course, I looked at the wrong schedule version, so the entire pool, bar one solitary lane, is being used by the high school. Okay. Two things here. Why the hell do I pay a membership for a "gym" that "has a pool", when it kinda only has a half a pool. The pool is occupied just about the entire half of the day during the week at this time of year! It gets better, the local YMCA group has a few locations, the location that's nearest me, other than being plain nasty, has virtually no regular pool access at this time of year at all! Maybe two hours in the entire day open for general use. And, why is the High School using the YMCA pool at both locations!! (different high schools albeit). They have a football field, and a hockey pitch, and a tennis court, and an auditorium even, why don't they have their own pool? My elementary school in the UK had its own pool, we only went to the nearest pool to do swim exams. My High School in the UK had a pool too. Is there another pool I can belong to that is indoor? According to Google, not, though they don't even list the YMCA under a search for swimming pools! You'd think there'd be a website for that...

No comments:

Post a Comment