Thursday, December 1, 2011

Swimming w00t

I swim this morning again. Really beginning to get somewhere it seems, well, at least in terms of continuous swimming. I think I swam 500 yards without stopping, and at least double that besides. Worked on my breaststroke turn for the first time. A few incidents were plain amusing, total mistiming leading to spluttering as I nearly gasp a lung full of water! I worked with a pull buoy for the first time today. It was hard. Really hard. It also doubly showed up my leg problem on breaststroke. Clearly I'm going to have to spend a good bit of time working on that, it's kinda sad how far I was pulling to one side. I also tried to kick with the other kick pattern, as in backstroke. Not a total disaster, but pretty bad. Lots of kicking, not much motion, but some at least. I did discover though that if I kick when I'm on my side, it seems to work okay. Not sure what's up with that. Worked on my wave motion a bit too, trying to pick my head up more gracefully and dip it up under instead of smacking it back down. All in all not a great improvement in time, I ran a 1:25 when I timed it, slightly faster than the previous, but not by much, still slow. Gotta figure out a way to get the chlorine smell out of my nose though. It's more than once I end up snorting water. I'm also noticing a weird breathing pattern on breaststroke that's being a pain. Can't seem to get my head out of the water cleanly so I'm not blowing water in front of my face when I rise. I was hoping to get to Yoga this morning, but I really just wasn't up to driving down to King of Prussia to go to Yoga. Didn't sleep well the last couple of nights, so a few minutes to hold up between dropping my daughter at school and leaving for the gym was a welcome respite. My new swim shorts arrived today too, they are nice, much shorted without being obscene. Much less likely to get pulled off when I push off and less material to get bogged down with.

No comments:

Post a Comment