Sunday, December 4, 2011

Swimming Today

Swimming again today!  Swum ten laps (500yrds) continuous at the start today, which is unusual for me.  Swam the first five all breaststroke, then alternated between breaststroke and backstroke for the last 5.

After that, worked on drills mostly.  Swam a couple of lengths just doing breaststroke kick.  Tried to do 3-4 kicks head down at a time.  Was really interesting.  There were times I think I was faster swimming like that than doing a regular stroke!

Tried some more front-crawl, less successful than yesterday, but at least interesting.  I think I discovered definitively today that the problem isn't the head out of the water so much as it is the breathing.  It almost seems like I have too much breath.  I can't seem to breath out enough underwater without pelting my face with bubbles so that when I rotate for a breath, I don't still have to breath out.  I tried this on breaststroke, gliding until I actually had blown all my breath out, and it was far too long.  Either I have to figure out how to breath out more underwater, or take less breath, or something, I don't know.

I was hoping to walk a bit afterward, but I was having such a good time in the pool, I didn't have time left.  I must have been in the pool over an hour!

No comments:

Post a Comment