Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Some more swimming

Got into the gym yesterday and today, though today was brief due to the current hackathon, it was exceedingly good.  I feel like I am starting to get more breath again, and am able to dial it up a notch.  My breaststroke is almost making sense, and I can feel the water moving by me faster.  I seem to be at the other end of the pool much quicker.  Perhaps it's just that I'm tired and time always seems to pass more quickly when the attention wanders.  Backstroke today was pure awesome.  I feel like I'm starting to relax more, and finally my feet are doing something other than being a dead weight behind me.

The whole kick when I'm on my side thing turned out to be a winner.  Each lap, I've been stopping the main stroke before reaching the end, and turning onto each side and just kicking.  It seems to have helped immensely.  Much improvement in the position of my legs, they seem like they might actually be assisting in propelling me now, and my butt doesn't feel like it's hanging to low in the water.

My final length today, I pushed hard, and it felt like I positively flew down the pool (at least compared to other laps).  I'm hoping to get a bitchin lap counter for Christmas, them I hope I'll be able to get a better bead on how well I'm actually doing!

No comments:

Post a Comment