Saturday, December 17, 2011

Long week, but managed to swim

Managed to swim again today. Did pretty good. Didn't have as long as I'd have liked as it was getting toward the end of the day and the Y closes at 7pm on a Saturday, and I didn't managed to get my butt into the pool until 6. Still, got about 40m in there, so not too bad. I pushed the last 50 yards out in 1:19, so I'd count that as a pretty good success for the last week or two given how much I haven't been in there due to the hackathon etc. Still seems like I'm not getting as fit as I'd like to as quickly. In fairness though, it maybe that I just have an unrealistic expectation. I can't say I'm exactly turning the laps around at the same speed I was six weeks ago, even when not trying for a fast lap, so I'm guessing my overall fitness has increased, but not close to where I had wanted it to be. Not much I can do about it but press on.

No comments:

Post a Comment